The safety and welfare of all the children at BCB and their enjoyment of each book club meeting is of the utmost importance to us. With this in mind please read our BCB Club Rules regarding all our book club meetings and use of this website before joining us for some book club fun!
If you are under 16 years of age please get permission from your parent or guardian before using this website.
Health and safety
- BCB has a strict NO NUTS policy. Please do not bring any food or drinks containing nuts to any of our book club meetings or venues.
- Please inform us when booking if your child has any medical or learning condition, disability, special need, allergy or of any other circumstance which may require special attention. [Please note that not all of our venues have wheelchair access so please let us know in advance if wheelchair access is required]
- No smoking is allowed in any of our book club meetings or venues.
- All fire and safety procedures and other regulations and notices contained in our venues must be adhered to.
- BCB has the right at its sole discretion to request that children who are unwell leave the premises for risk of infection to other children.
- Any disruptive, abusive, aggressive or bullying behaviour whether to children, adults or BCB book club leaders or staff will not be tolerated and BCB has the right at its sole discretion to exclude children or adults engaging in this behaviour from book club meetings without refund.
- All our professional actors are DBS checked, double-referenced checked and fully trained in the Book Club Bunch methodology.
- All children must be dropped off and picked up directly from the book club leaders by a responsible adult of 16 years or over.
- Where adults remain in the book club meeting with their child, they must not unduly use their mobile phone or act in any way which is disruptive to the book club meeting.
Privacy and use of cameras
- BCB complies with applicable UK Data Protection law from time to time in force in respect of any personal information gathered by us relating to you or your child (for example as a result of you using this website or booking a club).
- Use of cameras (including on mobile phones) or video equipment is not allowed except with our express permission.
Payment and Make-ups
- All booking fees must be paid in advance of your child attending a book club otherwise your child may be refused entry to participate in the club.
- Once a book club has been booked and paid for refunds are not offered in case of sickness, non-attendance or cancellation by you, however we will try and find make-up classes for you if possible.
- A trial class can be granted with advance notice.
Loss or injury
- BCB will not be liable in any circumstances for the loss or damage to personal property brought into book club meetings and venues howsoever caused.
- BCB will not be liable for any injury caused to children save that nothing in these Rules excludes or limits BCB’s liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of the negligence of BCB.
- All intellectual property rights including copyright which are capable from time to time of existing in the content of this website or in any documents, software or other materials created or supplied by BCB (“the Materials”) belong to BCB. You may not reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial or other purposes any of the Materials without our express written permission.
- We may update our BCB Club Rules from time to time and without notice.
Book Boys Ltd, trading as Book Club Bunch is a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 10384693.
Our registered address is 39 Trewince Road, London, United Kingdom SW20 8RD.